Virtual/Home Office Based
This is an individual contributor Principal Consultant role. As a quota-carrying sales lead, this individual will collaborate with the Account Lead in a matrix environment and will partner on the growth and development of their accounts. (S)he will play a key role within the company, having responsibility for developing new partnerships with major brands and analytics functions within pharmaceutical manufacturers. S/he will work with the account lead to provide subject matter expertise with senior-level decision makers in commercial applications of patient level data, Artificial Intelligence, and Commercial Operations. (S)he will assist in closing deals, oversee the client relationship and engagement delivery. This position is focused on new business development, and the cultivation and growth of such accounts after they have been penetrated. As a business builder and leader within the company, the Principal Consultant will be a key member of Swoop’s growing commercial team and will have the opportunity to build out a team as the business and performance warrants.
6+ years of outside sales experience calling directly on pharmaceutical brands/analytics/ commercial operations functions with a proven track record of success meeting and exceeding annual sales/revenue targets.
- Expert in pharmaceutical secondary data assets, especially APLD/patient level data, advanced analytics/AI solutions, and commercial operations consulting.
- Seller/doer model, w/ experience calling on brands, analytics/BI, and pharma leadership teams
- Strategic thinker with experience selling/closing, transitioning to and overseeing an internal delivery team, and providing client/relationship management for further up-selling opportunities.
- Brings in own book of business; simultaneously eager to support the lead generation of others.
- Driven by thought leadership in the intersection of healthcare data and advanced analytics/AI (comfort/interest in presenting at industry conferences, etc.)
- Experience/comfort working as a commissioned sales person in a matrix environment (vertical ‘Account Leads’ and horizontal ‘Principals’ supporting multiple accounts/opportunities)
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the region.
- Works well in a fast paced, ever changing environment- startups are fun but aren’t for everyone!!
- Generous Salary & Performance-based commission commensurate with experience plus equity