VP of Sales
Location Flexible, Midwest, West Coast and East Coast Preferred
This is an individual contributor sales role (virtual/home office based). The Sales professional will lead the growth and development of their region. (S)he will play a key role within the company, having responsibility for developing new partnerships with major brands and analytics functions within pharmaceutical manufacturers. (S)he will drive the entire sales cycle from prospecting into companies, to securing meetings with senior-level decision-makers. (S)he will take the account through a needs analysis, develop and present our solutions and then will be tasked with closing the sale. This position is focused on new business development, and the cultivation and growth of such accounts after they have been penetrated. As a business builder and leader within the company, the VP will be a key member of Swoop’s growing team and will have the opportunity to build out an account team as the business warrants.
10 years of outside sales experience calling directly on pharmaceutical brands/analytics/ commercial operations functions with a proven track record of success meeting and exceeding annual sales/revenue targets.
- Conversant in pharmaceutical secondary data assets and advanced analytics solutions.
- Experience calling on brands, analytics functions, and leadership teams at any level of a pharma organization.
- Digital channel experience a plus.
- Hunter who excels in developing new business accounts.
- Brings in own contacts and book of business and responsible for own lead generation.
- Comfort negotiating MSAs, SOWs, and managing invoicing logistics.
- Expertise in developing senior-level, trust and performance-based relationships by identifying products/services and sell opportunities that best meet client’s needs.
- Passionate about selling and creating value for customers.
- Utilize Salesforce.com for maintenance of opportunities, lead and account updates.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the region.
- Works well in a fast paced, ever changing environment- startups are fun but aren’t for everyone!!
- Generous Salary & Performance-based commission commensurate with experience plus equity